Chandeliers are becoming the most sought modern living space lighting options for the aesthetics and class they offer to homes. Be it an old home that is being redesigned or a new one, chandeliers give a unique feature that makes space look beautiful and outstanding. Did you know you can fix your new chandelier for yourself? Or change its location just like any bulb?
Here are a few guidelines on how one can fix chandeliers to the ceiling or power source.
- First turn off the old light fixture and unscrew from the box and remove detachable pieces slowly to avoid breakage.
- Turn off the power to be able to connect the wires on the chandeliers to the power source. Note the colors of the wires in order to connect appropriately. Usually, there is a diagram that helps one identify which wire goes where. If not, color matching is advised.
- It is crucial to be careful while unpacking your chandelier to avoid damages. Always check the electrical box to make sure it is securely fastened to the ceiling with screws upon installation.
- Note that chandeliers weighing more than 50 pounds require additional support (this is usually listed on the packaging box). In this case, follow given instructions to ensure proper mounting of your chandelier. If the components of your chandelier are not fully assembled, don’t panic! Follow the manual therein to build it, while at it, clean your chandelier of any dust.
- Always note the length of your chandelier, if they do not auger well with your desired design, you can always adjust the length.
Now you’re ready to show off your chandelier! It’s all about preference: Incandescent bulbs give a warm glow, while halogen bulbs have a bright light, much like natural light.
Is it safe to install my chandelier by myself?
Yes and no. If you have basic electric skills it’s as easy as ABC. But in case you are not well prepared it is always ready to seek technical people to avoid wastage or accidents. Companies that sell Chandeliers in Kenya have technicians that will help you at a fee or at the company cost in case you buy several pieces. Always seek guidance and help from these companies.
There are several types of lights that can be installed with using the manual instructions only. However, if you feel uncomfortable to install one, always seek a professional. Chandeliers make the world a beautiful place. Get one from the best chandeliers and light fixtures sellers in Kenya today and have a bright home!